Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Screen Saver via Policy not working... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCHelpDesk

IS-IT--Management
Mar 9, 2009
US
I have a Windows 2003 domain, and I am issuing a policy on the OU level that specifies a screensaver configuration for my users. It tells the system what screensaver to run, how long to wait (10 mins), and to prompt for password on resume.

This works pretty good for my XP machines but my Vista it doesn't. The policy is getting applied because when I go to look at screen savers it is all grayed out so you can change it. I can hit preview and it shows the screen saver so there is nothing wrong with the file on this machine. But this policy doesn't seem to be working on this machine.

So are there any special settings or something different that I need to do for Vista and setting up OU in Active Directory?

Thanks in advance for any help that you can give!

Hmm... there is a wireless optical mouse connected to this laptop. I will test this later today and post my results. Thank you very much for the suggestion!

Yes, the problem was the wireless mouse. Hopefully some updates will take care of it. Thanks again for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back