Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Screen Resolutions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 8, 2006
US
I'm making my second website, and it's been awhile since my first. How do you make it so no matter what the screen resolution is set to the website will be 100% width. I tried making a table and set the width to 100% and built my website in that table, but that didn't seem to work. Any thoughts?

There are a whole stack of tutorials on the net, try giving 'fluid website layout' a go on google.

The general ideas behind fluid designs are that you always use EM's or % sizes rather than fixing them staticly with px or somthing like that.

Another recommendation is to stop using Tables for layout and start looking into CSS. It's not that simple to start with, but once you understand whats going on then you'll never want to go back to using tables.

Again, a quick google search on 'css layout' will give you a whole host of information and tutorials to get you started.

Thanks,

Rob

the good old tables :)

:--------------------------------------:
fugitive.gif

[URL unfurl="true"]http://mostarnet.com[/url]

All around in my home town,
They tryin' to track me down...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor