Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Screen resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

DUF

Technical User
Mar 10, 2001
IE
Hi,
I don't know if this is the right forum to ask in but here I go.
I have installed a digital vaird recorder on a secound hard drive which is working fine.
But it requires a Screen resoulstion of 1028 x 768 which the coumpter is set to.All is fine.
Now when I quit this program and go to use word or excell or any other ms programs I have to get a magnity glass to use the programs.
Is there a way to make a vb6.exe program that on a click of a button it will change the screen resolution of the desktop?

Any help would of great help

i am new to vb6

Regards

Duf

Hi,

Have a look at for setting the screen resolution.

To test the screen setting, have a look in the MSDN doco for "ACC2000: How to Determine the Current Screen Resolution" which gives a function to test the screen resolution - returning a string eg "800x600", so you could use this to test the resolution and if not OK, then run the change resolution as per the planet source code example.

As an alternative, it may be possible to include your screen resolution in the system tray - my home machine is a Win 98 with an nVidia GeForce graphics card - I have a popup in the system tray that gives me all the available resolutions in a list - just point and click! - you may have this sort of option available to you on your system - have a look in Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Display

Good luck!

Hope this helps ...

Thanks PS42
I will look at the links later,
your 2nd alternative will not work for me

thanks
duf

DUF,

There is a tool ready made calles 1st QuickRes Lite which is OS and Graphics Card Independent.
I hunted it down when I upgraded to XP because MS's QuickRes from PowerToys didn't work no more....

Download it for FREE from

It does the same as what PS42 Suggested with his NVidia Card except it's independent of all.

Hope this helps.

jgjge3.gif
[tt]"Very funny, Scotty... Now Beam down my clothes."[/tt]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back