Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Screen resolution question

Status
Not open for further replies.

CitizenBleys

Programmer
Jul 12, 2003
CA
Another user of my computer has been running a game which uses 800x600 resolution, but a bug in the game leaves the desktop at that resolution after it's exited; Now, personally, I don't care what resolution anybody else who uses my computer runs at, but I don't like having to change mine back to 1280x1024 every time. Is there a way to force the login screen and my user account (or the Administrators group) to change to 1280x1024?

Ideally, I'd like other users to be able to run at 800x600 at all times and have it switch to 1280x1024 when I log in, without having to manually change the resolution every time.

I tried using a group policy to hide the "settings" tab of the display control panel, but that doesn't prevent the game from switching to 800x600 resolution, nor does it force it to switch back afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back