Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

screen program generation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgaul

Programmer
Nov 25, 1999
US
I started out programming in VFP 5.0. Now I'm working with FPW 2.6 for the first time. I'm trying to modify screens for Y2K compliance and, of course, regenerate the .spr/spx files. When I hit "Generate..." I get "Invalid path or filename." I specified the full path and filename to GENSCRN.prg to the _GENSCRN sys variable in the config.fpw file -- same thing. I tried copying GENSCRN.prg/fxp to the folder I'm using as the default. Nothing works. Is there another way to do this? Someone told me to delete the .spr/spx files, and they would regenerate automatically, but WHEN -- when I open the .scx file, make a change and save it? because I tried that. This is probably an elementary fix, but can anybody help me? It's getting to be a desperate situation. Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

This error will also appear if the spr file is has a dos attribute of +r (read only) on it. This was done in the past to prevent prople from making changes to the spr file without going through the screen generator to modify it. So the suggestion to delete the spr file and recreate it is a valid fix.<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back