Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

screen lock fails to auto-activate after few days

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 15, 2002
US
I have a user with WinNT4.0 SP 4 and a screensaver/screenlock that automatically starts the screensaver and then locks the screen after 10 minutes of inactivity. These settings are set in the logon script as part of our company security policy.

The problem is that the screenlock doesn't activate. The screensaver works right on schedule, but it does not lock. This only occurs 2-3 days after a reboot; when the machine is rebooted the screen locks like it should when the screensaver comes on. Then 2-3 days later, like clockwork, the screenlock stops working. I have searched this forum and the MSKB to no avail. The only thing close that I found was "screen fails to lock when screensaver is missing", but I don't think that is my problem.

Any experience with this or similar problems, or suggestions of where else to look for solutions?

TIA,
Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back