Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Screen Issue with new notebooks

Status
Not open for further replies.

budman48

MIS
Dec 20, 2002
US
We're having an issue with Foxpro 2.6. On several of the new Dell notebook computers we've been purchasing there is an error about the window not being defined and that one of the lines is off the screen. These notebooks display in a wide aspect ratio of 1680X1050 by default but I tried all of the display settings and received the same errors.
We have other notebooks which display higher resolutions like 1600X1400 and Foxpro works fine with them. However, they are not the wide aspect ratio. The error message is
position is off the screen. Error # 30. Then a box pops up and says window has not been defined.

I have had this same problem. What I've discovered in my case, is that the text on command buttons ends up being too big for the button(s).
So you can try changing fonts or command button sizes, or as a temp fix, try adjusting the DPI settings.
In the Desktop (Display) properties, go to 'Settings', click 'Advanced', then select the 'General' tab.
Try different settings for DPI, or if you have the selection available, try 'Small Fonts'.

-Dave Summers-
[cheers]
Even more Fox stuff at:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back