Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Screen capture

Status
Not open for further replies.

igessey

Technical User
Oct 12, 2005
GB
Good morning

Im looking for a novel solution to a bit of an issue at work.

We have a team that handles a particular group of user calls.
An information screen (in normal text) is running on screen and returns a 4 digit code in the corner of the screen when a particular type of call comes through.

Unfortunately, we cant load a whisper onto the call type, so one option is to "grab" the 4 digit code that is presented and produce some notification (pop up?) as to what that call is for.

Sounds like a telephony question but its more of an application one really!

Any, any ideas?

Thanks

That looks like a fairly straightforward application. My advice to you is that if you don't have someone that can develop it in house, then find a contractor to do it. If you have someone in house, then put the basics together and post back when you have specific questions you need help on.

HTH

Bob

Thanks Bob - i guess it may fall to me to do this!

Can you let me know what basics you require (would this be, for example a screen print of the application that we are looking to get the 4 digit grab from?)

Many thanks

Ian

The basics would be an attempt to create the application yourself, if you are the one to do it. You'll need to find out how the code is getting onto the screen, and intercept that feed so you can evaluate it. I wouldn't attempt to keep "scraping" the screen if I could avoid it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back