Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Screen Calibration Fault on 9641g handsets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colinjr017

IS-IT--Management
Nov 20, 2013
GB
Hi - this is Colinjr017.

The below thread was closed without any further responses, which is a shame as I work for a company whose phones have the same issue. We have around 150 9641g's with mis-aligned screens. Even if we try to capture the fault early before the screen becomes too mis-aligned to use, and do a re-calibrate, it has no effect. To date, Avaya are saying that it is not a known issue. i'd really appreciate if anyone out there has any similar experiences with their 96xx phones.

Fezzerooney (TechnicalUser)(OP)28 Apr 14 10:38
We have over 100 9641g handsets that appear to have touchscreen problems.

The phones are on version 6.2313 of the firmware and they work fine after install. But overtime, the bottom of the screen becomes inoperable and all the buttons on the quick panel shift out of sync.

Tried the screen calibration but obviously, without the bottom of the screen for use, you can't complete the calibration. So far, all we've had to do is replace them.

Is this a firmware issue? Anyone else had a similar issue?

Colin

This must be a firmware issue , the most current version is 6.6.0 try that and if the problem persists log a ticket with avaya

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

Thanks for that response - I agree it does seem like a firmware issue. The original firmware on the phone was 6.2, we have also tried 6.3 and 6.4.

We are now trying 6.6 (the latest) to see if that gives a fix.

Has anyone else had any similar experiences?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back