Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SCREECHING ON 6408 SETS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ltw500

MIS
Feb 4, 2004
US

We just got all new 6408 sets (from 8400 series)
WE have had about 5 phones that suddenly started screeching when the user's picked up their handsets. Some of these when I unplug them and use them else where the screech goes away. any ideas?

Also in a past thread:
thread690-655595 it states that a newer set will give the serial number when you stat station..what is the difference between the sets that give it and those that don't. Our's do not give it, which makes me think they are older?..

Thanks!

If you changed these from 8400 sets to the 6400 you more than likely changed the ports from double digitals to single digital ports. You may just have some flaky ports. Compair them and see if it is just on one board. Try another port and see if that clears it up for you.

Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something.
Thomas A. Edison

For the best response to a question, read FAQ222-2244.

I was able to trace it to a defective set. If you used the speaker it sounds fine, the squeal was only when you used the handset. You can clear it sometimes by unplugging the set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back