Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scratching my head at log on times!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

headsup7

IS-IT--Management
Mar 29, 2003
GB
Hi i work at schools with 3 2003 servers,that i have built from scratch, and xp as the clients. Im having a problem with my laptops at one of the schools. (wirless) If the users log onto a laptop that they have not been on before it takes approx 2 mins first time around.. having logged off and re log on it takes only 10-15sec they have roaming profiles and their my docs are empty.. #i have redirected there desktops to a shared folder and it is running fine/even the back ground when they log off it takes only 10-20sec to save and close..

Why is it taking so long for the initial log on to a new laptop that they have not been on before???

I work it out that for each user to log on to each laptop in the school its going to take them 1 +hours on all 30+ laptops x250 users a lot of waisted school time!!!

thanks

I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work.
Thomas Edison (1847-1931)
Heads :)

sorry i ment to post this in the 2003 server forum

any help much app though!!

thanks

I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work.
Thomas Edison (1847-1931)
Heads :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back