Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scrambled button programming after switching phones between stations

Status
Not open for further replies.

mj71

IS-IT--Management
Sep 22, 2009
US
We have been getting complaints that our lines buzz when clients call in. To try and diagnose, I plugged a standard Infinite set into our secretary's line which normally has an Elite Infinite set plugged into it.

After troubleshooting and switching back, BOTH sets' button programming is WAY off. You can still place and receive calls, but all the soft buttons are scrambled.

I do appear to have the default admin password, but no documentation on system programming to rectify this.

TIA for any help you can provide.

MJ

Ok... sit back and think about this for a minute. You are taking an infinite phone (probably a 12 or 24 button) and plugging it into a port that is initially set up for a 30 button Elite phone. I would seriously recommend going in and turn on the feature that prevents that from happening, because all it takes is someone plugging in a different phone model to mess up someone elses phone.

------------------------------------
Dallas, Texas
Telecommunications Tech
CCVP, CCNA, Net+

CCNP in the works

We have observed this also, and have warned our engineers and techs about this issue...

///doktor

Thanks for the reply, and that makes perfect sense. I suppose I need to get my hands on a programming manual. I was hoping for a quick fix. Such is life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back