Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SCR on Multiple Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolicepbx

Programmer
Nov 10, 2004
CA
I am having an issue where I have 4 phones that have an SCR of 4000 on it. They are on key 14 on all sets. 2 of these sets are acquired by Symposium 2 are not. The sets are set to Hunt and FDN to mail. How can i make it so that key 14 does not hunt to mail and just keeps ringing forever?

Make sure the LHK is set to 13 or lower

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

IF X 4000 IS BEING CALLED LHK WILL NOT MATTER ALSO FORWARD NO ANSWER WILL STILL BE A PROBLEM. TRY PROGRAMMING A PHANTOM TN WITH X 4000 MARPED TO IT.

right. you can burn a analog tn and program it with x4000 and set it not to go to mail and make sure 4000 is marped to it. a phantom may have to be distinct so i do not know if a phantom would work. not sure but if a phantom does need to be distinct use an analog or digital whatever you have to spare.

another way is to make sure the scr is not key 0 on any phone.. you can not fdn a number that is not key 0.. or an analog some where... if it was my switchroom i would build the analog, and des it with my name.. i have maybe 6 stations that are for control only with the same des.. just asking anyone to check with me before a change,, those tn's are jumpered to a cable running to my test bench.. a vacant tn (no jumper) would be tempting

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

As posted by Johnthephoneguy 14 Nov 06 13:02 about LHK:

I am not sure why, but oddly enough, LHK does affect FNA of a DN on many releases.

~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back