Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SCR Key and Not Ready

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telco01

Technical User
Jan 11, 2006
US
Is there a patch, upgrade, work around or something that I am doing wrong whereby SCCS does not recognize the agents phone as being "not ready" when the user is on their SCR key? It would be nice if the user could make a call on their SCR key but still appear available to take an ACD call. They may be only checking v-mail or some call that they could hang up on if the call was presented to the phone.

Its working as design.

Your choice are to have a readerboard or somekind of RTD display to allow your agents to see that there are calls waiting so they can release the DN calls and answer the ACD call. Or...

Within SCCS Call Presentation Class there's a check box to allow an agent to place DN calls on hold to answer ACD calls.

I assumed that it was design intent! The agent is there to answer calls so that is what they should do.

I did check the box for the agents profile and that does work.

What is a good software to use to display calls in que and other stats on the agents desktop. Is Dialect a good one do you know. I also thnk Nortel has a new one that has come out.

Symposium comes with ADD.

This shows agents key call centre stats (i.e skillset stats) including calls in (skillset) queue.

DD

DD

We are on SCCS 5.0. Is ADD an add on or is it part of the SCCS. Since its original purchase we have been told that we needed additional software to show calls in queue and other stats for the agents.

Thanx

Nope, ADD (Agent Desktop Display) is bundled with SCCS and is FREE.

DD

Could you tell me how I would go about implementing that on the agents desktop.

Depends on how big your company is.

We packaged the software and delivered it via Novell Application Launcher to the required users. This allows us to install software reliably and also means users don't get acess to their c:\drive. The package temporarily lifts the CACLS whilst it installs. Each site has its own 'package' corresponding to the IP address of the SCCS.

Alternatively, you can install from the CD.

DD

DD

I'll have to check with the IS people. The only extra CD or software we received was the SCCS client that was put on the supervisors desktop for reports and real time displays.

Thanx again

Telco01, just in case there is some vagueness here -- That check box for agents to place DN calls on hold to take an ACD call -- the ACD call still will not present to the agent's phone until after they have placed their call on hold. Which is why ADD or readerboards are important; the agent will need to know there are calls waiting so they can end their DN call or put it on hold.

The Agent Desktop Display is included in the Symposium Web Client Server (SWCS) application. You will need to install (SWCS) which should have come with the SCCS. Make sure you get the latest version of SWCS (4.5) or you can use the CCMA version with SCCS release 5. Earlier versions of SWCS are buggy and not supported.

Once SWCS is installed and working, then you will need to install the ADD applet at each Agent PC workstation. The ADD applet is on the SWCS CD-ROM.

Some customers have been successful packaging the applet and pushing it out to agent PCs. Some create a new agent desktop image with the applet. Some load the applet at each PC manually.

The big issue with ADD is that it uses Multicast signalling over your LAN to communicate with the SWCS. This is sometimes a roadblock because many IT departments do not have experience in configuring Multicast Signalling.

This is all documented in the Symposium Web Client Planning, Installation and Administration Guide.

Thanks for all of your help. It comes down to the IS dept having to spend some bucks because that's the way it works, is supposed to work and does work!

Thanx all.

This is one of the biggies:

The big issue with ADD is that it uses Multicast signalling over your LAN to communicate with the SWCS. This is sometimes a roadblock because many IT departments do not have experience in configuring Multicast Signalling.

Network admins do not like to implement multicast. Also, you'll have tremendous fun if you've implemented the firewall in XP SP2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back