Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SCOM Monitor event rule not triggering

Status
Not open for further replies.

sorehead

Technical User
May 24, 2001
GB
Hi

I have a SCOM 2007 installation. I want to monitor an event log on one of my servers for a particular event and have it reset after one day. So, I go to Monitors, create Unit Monitor > Windows Events > >Timer Reset. Choose MP, give it a target of all Windows 2003 computers, disable it and then create. I then create an override to enable it for the machine that I want (which is in a new group and is populated properly). The alert tick box in the health tab is ticked. The event expression is the right one.

When I then generate the event using eventcreate, nothing happens. No alert in SCOM, not errors, nothing. If I go to the Health Explorer I can see the Monitor listed although there is no tick box in the green circle (which I believe means it's not initialised).

Any ideas why this isn't working for me? Anything I could try?

TIA

J

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back