Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SCO Unix 5.0.7 to SCO Unix 5.0.6 over the internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

trolley

Programmer
Jan 29, 2004
US
I am trying to copy a zip file over the internet from a SCO OpenServer 5.0.7 (client) to my SCO OpenServer 5.0.6. I opened a port on my firewall and make the connection using FTP. The process hangs just shy of 80mb. The file is 311mb.

Any suggestions on how I might successfully transfer this file.

How unusual.... has it stopped at exactly the same point on multiple attempts?

Do you have ssh/scp installed?

Annihilannic
[small]tgmlify - code syntax highlighting for your tek-tips posts[/small]

Yes, it has stopped twice in the exact place in the transfer.

No, ssh/scp is not installed.

You could split the file up using split -b 50m originalfile (it should create files called xaa, xab, etc. by default) and transfer them individually. Check the split man page on SCO as the options may be different.

Join them up again at the destnation using cat x?? >originalfile.

Annihilannic
[small]tgmlify - code syntax highlighting for your tek-tips posts[/small]

You wouldn't happen to have a Windows PC around; would you? Use the Windows PC as an ftp client, connect to the 5.0.7 machine with ftp, receive the file onto the PC, then connect to the 5.0.6 machine and send it. You might even go so far as using FileZilla on the PC to do the ftp stuff for you. It appears that there is some compatability issues or you have a firewall restriction of some kind between the two SCO boxes. It's worth a try.

piperent

Annihilannic,

Thank you for your suggestion. I tried it last night and started the transfer of the files. Later today I finished the transferring of files and combined as you stated. It worked great, again thanks. I was not sure it would work with a index file, but it did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back