Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SCO UNIX 5.0 7 GATEWAY ISSUE

Status
Not open for further replies.

techmike15

Technical User
Jun 18, 2004
US
Hey everyone, OI am having an issue with setting up a gaetway on SCO Unix Servers. I use the route add command and thast works fine except for when the server is rebooted then it looses the gateway configuration. i dont want to have to continue to reconfigure the gateway everytime the server is rebooted. Can the gateway be setup permantly and if so, what is the command for it.

thank you in advance

Create an executable script named /etc/rc2.d/S99route that contains your route add command(s).

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

Edit the /etc/default/tcp file and add your gateway address after the 'GATEWAY=' line.
AFAIK, this is the documented and preferred method of doing this on a 5.0.7 machine, buy YMMV

Thnx for the help. I have figure out how to get it loded at start up.

Advice is always appreciated.

I hope you did understand that both of the examples given from myself and PHV will doexactly that, set up your default route whenever the system starts up.

Good luck with it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back