Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

scO PROBLEM

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdp123

IS-IT--Management
Jul 9, 2000
KE
Hi All<br>i am facing one strange problem in sco oses .<br>one of our client is having Hp-e-60 server on which sco oses 5.0.0.5 is installed .<br>On this mc'n after some time error is comming like<br>&quot; WatchDog memory reinit error at Ee0&quot;<br>So pls can any body faced such problem,if yes pls let me know the solution.<br>

I have no idea why you are getting the message, but it is related to your Intel Ether Express NIC. Perhaps it is built onto the motherboard. Perhaps HP included special drivers for it in the drivers you have to add for HP.

sdp123,<br><br>Try looking at TA #: 101596 on SCO's support site.&nbsp;&nbsp;It suggests checking (and perhaps increasing) the amount of STREAMS resources that are allocated.&nbsp;&nbsp;We're having a similar problem - I'm still looking into it.<br><br>Annihilannic.

sdp123,

There is also an updated driver for the Intel EtherExpress cards available from SCO. We are currently using version 5.0.5a but there have been revisions and bug fixes up to version 5.0.5f, including a fix that prevents that error being displayed.

I haven't tried it yet, but I have a feeling this will solve the problem.

Annihilannic.

Did you guys have any luck?
I am getting errors on both our ALR servers with the Pro 100b chipset cards. First a &quot;Watchdog Reinit&quot; and then &quot;allocb&quot; errors and finally a panic if we don't reboot in time.

We increased the STREAMS parameter on one machine and that has fixed it on that one, I think. Another person rebooted without me knowing and says it did the same thing. I am not sure.

-Tim glazner@cs.utk.edu

Would need to know as power to activate the impression tail of a remote printer to the one which have been blocked some lists. These lists have been erased but the printer does not answer if is not restarted the servant.
The system that it is being employing is a ++SCO ++OPEN ++SERVER 5.0.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back