Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SCO OpenServer 5.0.7 + IBM Serve x226

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackietpy

Technical User
Dec 21, 2003
MY
Have installed SCO OpenServer 5.0.7 to the IBM x226 3.2 GHz server with 2 x 73GB hard disk. The server with build in Adaptec Wide Ultra320 SCSI AIC-7902 chipset (dual channel).

The 2 hard disk connected to the same channel. During the system boot up, the bios can detect both scsi hard disk .

There is no problem for the hard disk during SCO installation. Able to add the second hard disk to the system, has created 3 files system named /u2 /u3 and /u4 and able to mount these filesystem.

The problem I have encountered is :

i) sometime the system will hang by itself once it can't mount the second hard disk during the system boot time (it will hang during the fsstat mount /u message), or the system suddenly can't detect the second hard eventhough the system run smoothly, by displaying the message can't mount the /u2, the system has to reboot. Has upgarde the x226 BIOS from v1.63 to v1.72, problem remain.

ii) I tried to add the Tandberg internal tape drive to the controller. The IBM support people adviced that the tape drive should use another scsi controller. Is it true that the Ultra320 controller can’t connect the hard disk and tape drive together even though it has dual channel ?

iii) Anybody did encountered these problem ? I have tried on 2 brand new IBM x226 server, it gave the same problem.

Thank you in advanced

JT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back