Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SCO Install worked great, now I get "C8XX: Fatal Timeout"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 18, 2002
US
I am pretty green on SCO and RAID arrays... I bought this used and I do not have an account with HP...

I installed 2 new 9 GB Barracuda drives in an HP NetServer XA w/ ID jumpers 0 and 1 [the controller assigned 0 and 15]. I installed SCO Unix 5.0.6 installed [from the IDE CD] - no problems observed. I rebooted a couple of times w/o problem.

Then I started getting Boot errors every time -
"C8XX: Fatal Timeout for..." [for all SCSI ID's except 7, the controller card].
All the boot messages list the HD's. I tried 2 virgin new Barracuda HD's. I talked to LSI [their RAID controllers have SYMBIOS chips and all GOOGLE hits pointed me to them]. I stood on my head. I cannot get past this!

I caused the problem when I mounted the HD's. The HP SCSI cable was tight so I moved the RAID card to a closer PCI. The RAID card us back in its original slot [designated "RAID Slot" - DUH]. I have tried other cables.

I have done everything I could in the MB BIOS, the MB Adaptec BIOS/utilities, the controller BIOS/utilities, etc.

Help... HELP... H.E..L...P.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back