Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SCO 506 Install on Dell Optiplex 745

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeB3

ISP
Jan 14, 2007
US
Have previously (successfully) Installed SCO506 on Dell Optiplex DX-520 and DX-620 on SATA Drives. After trying 3 NEW systems after Dells Techs. telling me various models supported Legacy mode in their BIOS (and they didn't) I finally got an Optiplex 745 which has Legacy Mode in it's Bios but now I can't Load from CD (bombs out when loading from CD)after starting Install with Floppy. Suspect DVD ROM Drive (thinking OS, BTLD may not be able to read CD from DVD ROM) ... ANy thoughts? PS - SCO Hardware COnfig. (at bootup) recognizes SATA HD attached as Master to Primary COntroller and sees the Secondary Controller, starts CD Read after assigning CD as Master on Secondary (as configured in Bios), CD Read starts and then "system terminated by signal B..." after 1030k. ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back