Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SCO 5.0.7V licence query

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomkonec

Technical User
Mar 22, 2001
Using a fresh install of Open Server 5.0.7V I'm getting the following message at login:

WARNING: The temporary license (507VTMP01) for this operating system will expire in less than 4 days. Please license your system as soon as possible so that bluefish will continue operating normally.

However I have installed and registered:

SCO OpenServer 5.0.7V Enterprise 3SI000xxx Yes Valid until 12/25/2012
SCO OpenServer Enterprise System 3MC001xxx Yes Permanent

Any ideas please how to make this now change into a regular licence rather than temporary?

What is "bluefish"? It sounds like that's the product that is expiring, and not SCO OpenServer...

Annihilannic
[small]tgmlify - code syntax highlighting for your tek-tips posts[/small]

This is resolved now. I found that I simply needed to delete the temporary license (507VTMP01 from the licence manager leaving the vaild licences in place and this stopped the message.

Installing a renewal license on SCO openserver 5.0.7V Enterprise for VMware. I get the following message:

"Unable to run brand command to add a license on the system"

Anybody having any ideas to solve this issue.

Hello,
I am running a medical office software Medical Manager on a server running SCO unix 5.07. I would like the patient data entered on Unix server converted to Window format in real time and sent to
Window server on the network.Are there any available software that can do this? Or any shell
script that can do this by piping data in real time?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Hershey

It would probably be best to start this issue in a new thread, as your question has nothing to do with this thread's subject.

This is probably an application-dependent issue. Are you talking about text files or ???
You can allow the Windows server to map a shared resource on the SCO box. That would give you instantaneous updates. Otherwise, you can have some script transfer the files from SCO to Windows each minute using FTP or SMB. The SMB option might not be possible depending on which version of Windows is in use. That could also limit the ability of mapping a shared SCO resource on the Windows server.
If you truly need "real time" updates, you'll have to find a way to map a resource in one direction or the other.

"Proof that there is intelligent life in Oregon. Well, Life anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back