Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SCN Up but Trunk Not Working 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kflounders

Programmer
Dec 8, 2002
US
I have a 6 site SCN (IP 500 V7.0.23) over an L3 managed MPLS that has been operational for two years without issue. One site had its MPLS circuit drop them come back up, but since the drop inter office calling is broken.

In SS on the main system I can see that the SCN says UP, but the alarms on the trunk that connects the remote system shows "No response to IP trunk call request" errors counting up

I can see the system when I am opening a new config, but I cannot retrieve one. SS does not work, but Monitor does and shows:

Shared tcp socket for line 248 disconnected

Is this a routing issue?

Kevin Flounders

Maybe you should reboot both site's? Never seen this before.

A simple mind delivers great solutions

Then i suspect the MPLS connection.
I never seen such a connection so perhaps you tell us what is in between those two IPO's

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Why was the connection down?
Did they swap the routers?
It is not your problem to be honest and you are making it yours.
I understand though and you are trying to prove where the problem is.

BAZINGA!

Figured it out. The Tasan routers had a backup ISP connected to it so that traffice was coming in on the 10 Meg connection, but being router out on the 30 Meg. Makes sense, Changed the route and all is good. Thanks for the quick replies.

Kevin Flounders

You are welcome :)

BAZINGA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back