Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SCN issue ringing wrong locations

Status
Not open for further replies.

GigaG

Technical User
Aug 28, 2007
US
Hello all,

I’m hoping someone might be able to clear up this strange issue. I have an IPO 406 at the Corporate location running version 3.52(57). The customer has roughly 17 sites that will be SCN’d by either a MultiTech or SOE (also running 3.52(57) ) back to the Corporate location. The Corporate location has a T-1 connected to it and will be routing all the calls in and out for the other locations as well as Corporate. I have IP lines set up for each location and have Voice Networking turned on. Currently until the main numbers are ported to the Corporate T-1, each site has copper lines pumped into the SOE.

At one location for some reason, we are experiencing an issue, where when we call the Main number (which should still be straight copper), the number seems to go into the SOE and act as if it is ringing an extension in Corporate (810) when you look at it in the Call status. It then plays the message that is in the VMpro at Corporate that is associated with this extension (810). I put the Copper lines out of service, and when I do this, nothing comes into the SOE at all. When I put it back in service, again, instead of ringing the Hunt Group assigned to the CO port, it Rings an Extension at Corporate (810). I have also unchecked Voice networking in the SOE and when I do this, it will ring the correct Hunt Group assigned to the CO port, so it looks to be a SCN issue, but none of the other sites are having this issue and as far as I can see are set up exactly the same.

I also took a look at Status monitor in each location, and both seem to look as if the call is coming from the opposite one.

Any help would be appreciated.

MCP ACA-I CTP

It looks like the number used is not unique within the SCN community.

NIHIL NOVI SUB SOLE

Nope already checked... it's unique especially to the IP office it is routing to

MCP ACA-I CTP

How are you routing calls from the line to the destination? in Incoming call route do you have it going straight to a group/extension(Name or number? Names also need to be unique in SCN's) or via voicemail first?

And can you post the extension ranges, hunt group numbers and names in question, it does sound like a duplication in the SCN.

Line group ids on the trunks?
Line group ids on the IP Lines?
Conflicting numbers across the scn?

can you get the problem site and H/O working together without all the other sites connedted on the SCN?

It was the name..... I spent soo much time on the extn being the issue, the name was too similar at both locations...

Thanks Everyone

MCP ACA-I CTP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back