Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SCN Fails after upgrading to v5 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

hairlessupportmonkey

IS-IT--Management
Aug 26, 2009
NZ
Odd one here.

2 x 406v2
both were on 4.2(xx) prior to upgrade and ASCN was working great, apart from an unfixed bug - so a v5 upgrade was to resolve it.

scenario

UK <---SCN via VPN --> US

VCMs all OK and working.
Licences are OK
Removed obsolete Licences

Sysmon shows SCN is up and running.
Shows all users and information and BLF.

SSA on the UK side responds that the SCN is down, but sysmon shows it up.

when you try to call over it, you see the call in the monitor trace attempt on both sides, fails and gives unobtainable.

have escalated to Avaya, but any input would be great.

I had the same issue and I am using short codes for extension dialling between sites like 3xxx, dial, . , XX.
While this is not a resolution, it bought me some time on a busy SCN.
Then I addded IP Routes (I previously just had a catch-all of 0.0.0.0, 0.0.0.0, 172.172.172.1) and deleted the short codes and the magic started happenning.

Something to try anyway.

MIke

Mike,

cheers for that.

I tried forcing 7XXX over the SCN with no effect.

I added specific routes and blanket routes.

also no effect.

HSM what are you running for firewalls on this? Something has changed between 4.x and 5.0 in the SCN traffic and i have had like 10 sites do this and it was always something on the firewall.

Kevin Wing
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

Sonic walls.

Im also thinking something with the networking side is causing this to fail too.

it is the H323 stuff on the sonic wall. i have had the exact issue. I think it is called H323 transformations..

Kevin Wing
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

OK Good call - we turned off the H323 Transformations rebooted the US switch and its all working.

I love you - thanks!

Stars for you!

kwing - I have been going crazy for hours trying to figure out what my problme was. The SSA said said SCN was up but calls would not make it through. I checked my sonicwall tz170 and sure enough the H323 Transformations were enabled. Turned them off and BAM call are making it through. Thanks Alot!

Avaya, Panasonic, Polycom, APC, MCP, A+
##################################
"When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child.
When I became a man, I gave up childish ways.

Does anyone know if there is anything like this in R6 - I am supposed to upgrade this week.

Avaya, Panasonic, Polycom, APC, MCP, A+
##################################
"When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child.
When I became a man, I gave up childish ways.

I think we do need to start putting more stuff like this down in FAQs it makes it easier to find, and sooner or later most of us will need this information.

ACSS-SME
Get well soon Aaron.

I have had this happen on a few different firewalls with R5. on Juniper it is the H323 under ALG and with Cisco it is the fixups/Inspect options.

Kevin Wing
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

Does anyone know what the Cisco fixups/Inspect options is please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back