Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SCN Dialing plan for other side's lines 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orlando21

Programmer
Jan 13, 2004
CA
Two 406's at 3.1.65 VM Pro. Site A PRI and 1 Analogue card. Site B 2 X 4 port Analogue cards. Can anyone tell me what the short code or line build would be for access to both site's line/PRI useage? Site A dials 9 for access to the PRI right now and 8 for the analogue lines. Site B is not installed yet but would like to keep the dial 9 format for it to access it's own set of lines if possible.

Thanks

Just have site B on a unique Outgoing Group ID and then make the [9] shortcodes match the Outgoing ID for site B. SCN sites do not have to share lines with the other SCN sites.

I didn't think Group IDs traversed SCN. The switches won't auto-share that info, so a system won't be aware of its neighbor's Group IDs will it?

Kris G.

Line group Ids do not get passed accross SCN
to dail from a remote site you need to usa a variant of the following

Assuming Site A uses 9 do dial out localy then

site b:
SC: 8N
tn: 9N
og grp 1 (or whatever your VoiP line ID is)
feature Dial

Dialing 8 will rout down the Voip Line, the 8 will be stripped & replaced with a 9, Site A will process the number recieved & dial it localy

IPGuru

Thanks, I tried it out and it works great. Thanks for the explanation about the 8 getting stripped and replaced with the 9.

A star your way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back