Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SCN and server Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPOfficeWTF

Vendor
May 30, 2018
ZA
Advice required please.

I have a client that we have 4 x Subscription server Editions setup in their network, with more to follow.

I need SCN to work in this environment, and shortcodes and a sip trunk are not the solution to intersite calling as the ext prefixes are too varied.

If I add a IP Office SCN trunk between the current 4 servers, SCN works 100%.

One would think that this is the problem solved, HOWEVER in true Avaya fashion I get the following warning: "More than one Primary server in the Solution"

Can someone tell me what the implication of running a network like this would be?

Please note that I cannot add these as Secondary servers or Expansion servers as it does not allow me to do it.

Thanks in advance

SCN IS FOR IP office 500 v2 units connected together.

SERVER EDITION is 1 Primary server ,1 Secondary server , the rest are 500v2 expansion units

The reason you are getting the warnings is because there is more than 1 primary server detected.

The solution is as stated..

Hi there, and thank you for the valuable feedback.
However the original question was not actually answered, and why I wanted that answered (knowing it is not 100%) right is as follows:

1) Each Server edition is only capable of supporting 750 DECT users
2) This is a full Cloud solution with no IP500V2's on any site
3) I currently am licenced for 3500 users, however with the 750 DECT limit per IP Office I have to have multiple IP Offices to support this. With growth in the next year I am hopefully looking at 2000+ DECT users
4) The SCN functionality of the IPO500V2's is the ideal solution that I need, it would allow me to grow the client without killing the IP Office and moving to an Aura environment (Not sure of the Aura restriction on DECT users though. I always wondered why Avaya did not make this available on Server edition.
5) When testing the IP Office trunks (SCN) it does work perfectly, however I am sure this will then become a non supported environment according to Avaya.

Are we aware of any side issue that result from the error "More than one primary server"? I did pick up one issue when the SCN trunk were implemented previously, which is why I removed them, and that was different licencing models, I had 2 x Powered by systems, and when I changed 1 to Subscription, it changed the licencing on the second server. But if I have them both on Subscription (As setup in my test environment) there are no licencing issue.

Valued input always appreciated.

Nobody here is going to be able to answer a question of will this work when you are running an unsupported configuration. The answer supplied, which is to do it the right way, IS the correct answer. If you insist on doing it the way you want then you tell us if it works and what issues you run into and maybe someday it will help someone else answer that question...

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

The trunks between a Server Edition primary and Server Edition expansions are SCN trunks, just not called that in the context of Server Edition. You lose absolutely nothing by configuring your servers properly (1 primary, 1 secondary and multiple expansions).

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back