Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scientific Notation

Status
Not open for further replies.

IanStrange

Programmer
Sep 16, 2002
GB
Hi
I am using crystal 9 and have brought in one of our pallet reference numbers which is a long string of numbers and we need this in it excact form but crystal 9 keeps converting it to scientific notation any one know a way to stop it or convert it back
Thanks

No man is an island but 6 tied together make quite a good raft.

Nope that just makes it a text version of the scientific notation.

Converting to text doesn't do it. It will show the same format, and be left aligned instead of right alighed, as the default behavior of a text field.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Exact Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

I just tested this with a 36-digit number and it seems to work, where the number of x's = the number of digits in your field:

picture({table.palletreferenceno},"xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx")

-LB

Again this does not work. I will explain a bit more.
I am importing data from an xml using crystal 9's new xml stuff. one of the fields is a 11 digit figure. And no matter what I do it always comes in 1.23e+17. Could it be the odbc driver changing it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back