Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Schema Size Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichardNHurt

Programmer
Oct 4, 2002
US
Hey all,

We are running eGate 4.5.3 on AIX 5.1 and are thinking about splitting up our Schemas into smaller ones. Right now, we have 5 schemas with about 50 components each. I am looking at moving things around so that we might have 10 schemas with 25 components each. Does this sound reasonable? What is the minimum number of components that you would put in a schema?

One of the main reasons for doing this is to isolate changes and give us the freedom to migrate schemas more easily. Right now, we have multiple "projects" in a single schema and it is getting difficult to manage promotions between environments (Dev, QA, Prod). Any other suggestions?

Thanx!
Richard

Later...
Richard

Richard,
There is no minimum size I would suggest. Whatever makes it managable for you. We recently moved from AIX to Linux and split the schema into two across two machines. It seems to work well except for the fact that SeeBeyond only supports Red Hat 6.2 which is almost as old as me. :)
I would be concerned about pushing the cpu and memory higher by adding the extra connectors. Of course, I haven't seen your schema, so it might be better that way.
Good luck,
Mark

Mark,

Thanks for the info. I am trying to avoid management wanting the "freedom" to have 2 components per Schema. If it was up to them, we would be running 400 Schemas right now. :)

Anyway, it's good to know I'm not completely off base with my sizing.

Thanx!
Richard

Later...
Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back