Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scheduling with Parameter as the File Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

YANKRAY

Technical User
Nov 7, 2003
When Scheduling a report in CE 9, I want the selected Parameter to be used as the Specified File Name.

This will save a lot of setup time because I use the same reports with different Parameters.

Sounds as though you're setting the destination at schedule time to something other than 'Default', then specifying the file name. I have a report that is run multiple times every month with different parameters, specifically different customer numbers, and it is written to unmanaged disk with the file name reflecting the customer number/name in the file name.

The only way I could find to accomplish this other than the brute force way that you're probably going about it -- manually keying in the parameters AND the destination information - was using a third party tool call APOS InfoScheduler which allows you to set up an Excel spreadsheet with the schedule info such as parameter values, destination, format, etc. You can then save the spreadsheet and change the parameters as necessary without having to rekey everything. You can even use formulas to calculate values such as the file name based on parameter values like customer number or name, date range, or other parameter values. As long as you have a reasonable command of Excel formulas, this is fairly easy to do.

Once you've got the spreadsheet set up, you just click one button in InfoScheduler to submit the jobs to the APS. It may be worth looking into.

--Bearden

When Scheduling a report in CE 9, I want the selected Parameter to be used as the Specified File Name...
I also want the same result.. have you got any solution for this ?

sonikakotwal -

I have not found a better solution yet.

I schedule individual reports with specified names. I must create new schedules as the parameters change.

I checked out the recommend tool from Bearden, but it is not within my budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back