Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scheduling to Unmanaged Disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

jconway

Programmer
Dec 14, 2005
I'm running into an issue when I try to write a report to a folde ron my network. I've been working with the network guy and my permissions are fine, yet I keep getting an access denied error. One thing I do notice though, is the path I am trying to write to is:
\\IPADDRESS\FTPServer\HOSPITAL\INBOUND\

However, when I save it in Enterprise, it changes my path to:

//IPADDRESS/FTPServer/HOSPITAL/INBOUND/

From the run prompt on the server, I can get to the first location, not the second. Any idea why Crystal is changing my path on me?

Hi,
That should not matter - I think that since BOE is web-based, it uses URL-style symbols ( / instead of \ )- Is this a scheduled or on-demand report from Enterprise? - be sure both the Report and Reportjob servers are running under an account that has full rights to that folder. ( you are not trying to FTP it are you?- just asking since the dest is an FTP server)

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

I'm just putting it to a folder with ftp in the name. The server this report is running on (scheduled) has full rights to the server it's writing to. I can get to it without a problem from the server when I manually go in and try to write to the folder.

Hi,
Not the Server, the BOE services called Jobserver and Reportserver ( may be called reportJobServer) - look in the CCM and see what accounts are listed for those services...

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Just to add a little info:

The default account is "Local Services", which does not have access to network folders because it is a local machine account, not a network accout.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back