Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SCHEDULING THE SHIFTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

gvishal

MIS
Oct 9, 2001
US
In my office, people work in shifts for 24 hours and i want to schedule their timings based on my requirements. is there a tool in excel to do this.

thanks

vishalgupta,

My expectation is that Excel does NOT come with a "template" for this type of application, but perhaps other Tek-Tips users will "correct me" on this.

Another possibility is that someone has already developed an Excel file for this type of application, and would be willing to share it with you - either for free or for a price.

It is also likely that your own "requirements" might be such that modifications to any existing file or template will become "necessary".

If no one comes up with an existing file or template, then you should appreciate that Excel itself is more than capable of "meeting your needs". It is a matter of you sitting down with someone who knows Excel, and specifying your "requirements".

Such an application does NOT appear to be difficult or time-consuming.

I hope this at least "gets the ball rolling"...

Let's first see what response you get. Perhaps, if no one is able to come up with an existing file/template, I'll be able to offer some help to at least "get you started".

Regards, ...Dale Watson dwatson@bsi.gov.mb.ca

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back