Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scheduling sections of Reports to distribute in xls format

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belky

Programmer
Mar 25, 2002
US
Hi All,
Say I have a very large report and I want this scheduled so I can export it in xls format to end users who don't have access to crystal or the web. However I do not want to export the 'entire' report as it may be 10000 pages long. Can I schedule a report with parameter, so for example the end users are only seeing statistics for 'their particular region'? Do I need enterprise to schedule reports in this fashion?
Thank you.
Belinda.

Think of scheduling a report as refreshing it in thr report writer, but at a predetermined time. In addition, you can set parameters and destinations, etc.
So, if you can create a report so that the end users are only seeing statistics for 'their particular region' in Crystal Reports, then you can schedule the very same report in CE.
In other words: yep, you can and yes, you will need CE if you don't want to do the whole thing manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back