Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scheduling same report for multiple clients 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayster7

IS-IT--Management
Feb 7, 2001
US
Hi,

Using CE10 (Solaris version) running CR10 reports via native Oracle connection.

We have a report that is run against all of my company's clients on a quarterly basis, which is about 1,400 reports, give or take. Is there anyway to schedule the report to run each client's report rather than creating 1,400 instances of the report? I'm a total CE newbie so any help is greatly appreciated. I was looking at an affiliate product, the APOS InfoScheduler, and that seemed like a way to go also, but I just wanted to check and make sure that I wasn't overlooking anything. Thanks.

The path up and down is one and the same.

-Heraclitus

Hi,
I think you are right that InfoScheduler is the likely solution as I haven't found anything that would support your requirement. I have used other APOS products (KPI, View Time Security as was and Dynamic Parameters) and one thing to note is that they frequently need to install software on your local machine to allow administration of the product. If your office has a strict policy on installing non-approved software bear this in mind!

In my humble opinion many of the APOS products fill a niche very well and at a reasonable price. I think the fact the Business Objects have incorporated some of the features into later releases of CE reflects that.

ShortyA

Thanks ShortyA! I've gone to APOS' site and have downloaded an eval copy of the software. Tomorrow I'm giving my boss a quick brief on it, and hopefully it'll be a go.

The path up and down is one and the same.

-Heraclitus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back