Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scheduling reports to be sent automatically using 3rd party software

Status
Not open for further replies.

blansing2

Technical User
Jun 12, 2005
US
I am trying to see if there is any software out there that allows someone to either print, email or simply refresh & store a report in a directory on our network?

The bad thing is that I am still using version 7.0 & am having trouble finding anything compatible. I tried downloading "Crystal Delivery" & it seems to not want to talk to 7.0 very well.

Anyone use anything now that is worth checking out? Also something that doesn't cpst 6 billion dollars would be nice.

Thanks,

Brad
BLansinger@umm.edu

Visual CUT & DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

$400 or so for this great package. Not sure about v7 support but why not spend another $3-5 hundred to get crystal XI? Crystal 7 is probably 9 years old!

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

I would upgrade to something a little newer than 7.0, BUT our company's database system requires we use 8.5 or lower to allow their product to access crystal reports for their "user report processing" without throwing it off.

Yeah, I know it is ridiculous that we are bound to old versions of software because they can't get their programming dpet to work a little quicker!

We are still on office 97 too if you can believe that, and we are supposed to be a state of the art medical center, huh.

Thnaks
Brad
BLansinger@umm.edu

What type of database are you using? I do not believe that statement, ANY version of Crystal can work with ANY ODBC compliant database.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

Actually, Crystal 9 and above is not compatible with some data sources (For example, Oracle versions below Oracle 7.3.4) that Crystal 8.5 and below are happy with.

That is why, while I provide a Crystal 9 & Crystal XI versions of my software, I also provide a Crystal 8.5 version.

blansing2, you may want to ask the vendor of Crystal Delivery if they have a Crystal 8.5 version. Such a version should be able to run your Crystal 7 reports.

Cheers,
- Ido

Visual CUT & DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

OUr ODBC can handle any version of crystal but there is a portion of the program we use called "user report processing" that allows users out onthe floor to run a report with using only the viewer. To do this a system manager must create the report in 8.5 or older & define it in this user report processing. Its all a bit weird but they have given us hope that in version 7.0 we will nbe able to upgrade to version 11 of crystal, yipee.

Brad

Or you can upgrade anyway, and use Ido's viewer instead of the one that limits you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back