Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scheduling Question Crystal 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

pungigi

Programmer
Oct 29, 2003
US
I have multiple reports running as a service at night, is there a way to have it send me a notification of some kind that it ran or errored out or whatever the status??

Yes, When you schedule, you have a notification tab. YOu can put your email and send a notification. You also have choices as to notification if it ran well or unsuccessful.

The notification tab is greyed out in all of my reports and will not let me access, is there somewhere to "turn this option on"??

Just for clarification, are yuo going to the notification tab which belongs to the 'Schedule' tab for an object?

The only reason I think it MAY be disabled is that the CMS is not set up or email server is not set up. Ideally it should not be disabled.

When I click on a report I see the following:

Properties|History|Alert Notification|Database|Parameters|Filters|Schedule|Destination|Format|Print Setup|Limits|Rights|Process

I am not able to click on the Alert Notification above. If I click on Schedule above I see nothing about notification. Is there somewhere specific I would go to set it up?

Click on the 'Notification' tab under the Schedule tab. Alert Notification is greyed for me too. I have done email notification and audit notification successfully.

Thats my problem, when I click the schedule tab I see NOTHING about Notification, that's why I am SOOOOO confused.

I am confused since you get the tabs for Destination and Format and the other 2 tabs are Notification and Alert Notification

Can you send me a screen print of where you are seeing this?? I can give you me email address??

Send me you email and I will send you the screenshot. It is in the CMC under objects...

lstieg@mtm-inc.net THANK YOU, I am 98% positive I am looking in the right place.

Not sure if this helps but the "Alert Notification" in CE 9 is for usage with alerts in reports eg if sales in North America are below average you can set it to email someone about this.

Notification for failure/successes of reports is only available in CE 10 out-of-the-box.

Hope this helps,
ShortyA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back