Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scheduling LOVs changes Dynamic Prompts to Static

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobDennison

Programmer
Jul 28, 2010
US
I hope there is a solution to my dilema. I am using Crystal Reports 2008 Version 12.2.0.290 with SP2 installed. My data is coming from a Data Warehouse and we are using a third party front end for displaying the reports.

I have several reports that have a lot of selection criteria (20 or more items to select from) on them. Some are Static and some are Dynamic. In an attempt to speed up the loading process of the report selection screen I am trying to schedule the Dynamic prompts (to populate the LOV's)to run over night rather than at run time.

I am also trying to move all of the prompts to a separate repository folder designed to contain all of the Dynamic prompts for this specific project which will have upwards of 100 reports. That way I can reduce the clutter in the "Dynamic Cascading Prompts" folder.

Here is my situation. If I use the Dynamic Prompts as they are created in the repository when the report is published everything is okay. If I try to rename, move or do anything to the prompts in the repository Crystal converts them to a Static prompt and I lose the LOV's.

Anybody have suggestions as to what I may be doing wrong? I know this can be done, because one of our other agency's is doing it. I tried copying what they did, but it doesn't seem to work for me for some reason.

Thank you in advance for you help.

Bob

Bob,

I think this should be posted in forum782.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back