Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scheduling for a successful instance

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessebo

IS-IT--Management
Jan 19, 2001
US
Seagate Info 7 had the ability to schedule from a successful instance. This was great because you did not have to re-enter all of the prompts. I read about a 3rd party program from APOS (Infoscheduler). Can you schedule from a successful instance from this program?

REgards,
Bessebo

No, InfoScheduler ONLY creates new Instances via an Excel spreadsheet. Some of my clients use InfoScheduler to create multiple spreadsheets to "batch" multiple Instances with different parameters.

However APOS also makes an add-in called InstanceManager that allows you to look at your existing Instances and "Re-Schedule" them with the same parameters as the existing Instance you selected.

You can download a demo of the InstanceManager at :

I don't know if you're still looking for a solution.

You may already be familar with our tool for Crystal Reports called ".rpt Inspector Professional Suite" -- as of Feb. 2005 we've released ".rpt Inspector Enterprise Suite" which is designed to Mass Edit + Manage reports, instances, and schedules in Crystal Enterprise.

So now you can open your reports directly from CE and it will automatically pull in all CE properties. And you can find, analyze, and manage failed / successful instances (i.e. create a new instance based on information in failed / successful instance -- or modify some or all of that information).

Plus a lot more like ability to modify your schedules (i.e. formats, destinations, database logon, parameters, etc.) instead of having to recreate them. Plus all the edit features of .rpt Inspector for the Crystal Report side.

Is this .rpt Inspector Professional Suite an APOS product?

No, .rpt Inspector (and other 3rd party products for Crystal Reports and Crystal Enterprise) are made by Software Forces and have no connection to APOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back