Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scheduling Database - How to Schedule a person to a session

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 13, 2004
US
I am using Microsoft Access 2003. I have two tables.

Table 1
Session Table: This table lists all available workshop sessions with the following fields,

SessionID
SessionName
SessionDate
SessionTime

Table2
Employees Table: This table lists all employees with the following fields,

EmployeeID
EmployeeName
EmployeeDepartment
EmployeeRole

I would like to build a form that I can have use to schedule an employee to a particular workshop schedule. For example, I would like to use a drop down menu to select the session, then I would like to use a check box or something to quickly select employees that I want to attend the session. Can someone help? I am stuck.

So a SessionName has many EmployeeName's and an Employeename can be assigned many SessionName's. A classic many-to-many situation. So you would create a "junction" table that has SessionID and EmployeeID. These two fields combined to make a multi-field primary key. Then you would build your form off of this table. Then the SessionID and EmployeeID controls could be comboboxes bound to the tables fields.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back