Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scheduling Crystal Rpts in Busi. Object CMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeanieP

IS-IT--Management
Sep 13, 2012
US
Hello,

I'm new to this tek forum,..so bare with me. I create several reports using Crystal Reports Version 11.0.0.1282. I'm working in the Central Management Console (I'm new to this software, too) scheduling several to run automatically. I load the report using the browse and attach (Manage > Add > Crystal Report), then I schedule it. My question is when changes have to be made to the original report, I have to re-load and then re-schedule that report over again in Business Objects. Is there a way for the software to always point to and use the original report so changes are seen instantly when applicable? If I alter the report at it's source, I then expect Busi. Objects to also have those changes and generate the same report. Is this not possible to do? If there is a means to do this,...please send me in the right direction to discover how. I find it extremely frustrating to have to keep adding and re-scheduling the same report when simple changes have to be made (to add an extra field for tracking or whatever).

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back