Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scheduling calls with automated process

Status
Not open for further replies.

abacon

Technical User
Aug 25, 2011
US
I use the field tab to enter a completion date of a project. I have a lookup.ini file that will populate a list of 30, 60, 75 and 90 days from that completion date.
I am trying to make an automated process that will use any of these fields to generate a call to the contact, referencing those dates. Everytime I run the process the date is always based on today's date (the date I run the automated process). Is there anyway to make it use the value in the field, which is in the dbase?

Your logic is flawed. Your AP should event should only look at the Completion Date of the Project to begin, and then each Trigger should be 30, 60, 75 and 90 days apart. You CANNOT choose the date that the Activity is created. There, I saved you $100.00 dollars.

DJ Hunt
Phone: (978)2-3333
- The Hacker's Guide to GoldMine Premium
- One-on-One GoldMine Technical Support ( Fee Based )

Thanks DJ, I actually found one of your manuals and I am reading the part about AP at the moment.

My latest book, GoldMine Premium - The Definitive Guide, was just released. Get they print edition along with the download edition for the one low price from Lulu Publishing.

DJ Hunt
Phone: (978)2-3333
- The Hacker's Guide to GoldMine Premium
- One-on-One GoldMine Technical Support ( Fee Based )

I have your hacker's guide to 6.7, it's a good read, just wish I had more time to dive into it.
My problem with using the completion date is that I might not know until weeks later that a project has been completed.
I'm going to try to use your birthday example and refine that a little more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back