Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scheduling and emailing reports 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haloman

Technical User
Mar 5, 2008
US
Hello all,

I am using Crystal XI and I am trying to figure out a way to schedule and automatically email report output every week. The email list needs to be pulled from Oracle 10g database. I was reading crystal help but could not figure out the way to do it.

Any pointers to this process would be greatly helpful.

Thanks,
HM

Disclosure: I'm the developer of Visual CUT. You can see a listing of other schedulers at:
Back to your question: at least in Visual CUT, there are a couple of ways to get the email distribution list from a database. One option is to build a formula in the report that collects that information into a string. You can then drag&drop that formula into the Email_To option. The other mechanism is described in the user manual section called "Specifying Email Distribution Lists in SQL Queries".

Note: You can also use Crystal Enterprise or Crystal Reports Server to schedule reports. It's not clear if you already own one of those platforms. If you do, try posting your question in the Crystal Enterprise forum.

Cheers,
- Ido

view, email, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back