Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scheduling a job via an NT Login Script

Status
Not open for further replies.

twhisnant

IS-IT--Management
Jul 16, 2003
US
Hello everyone. Please excuse any errors I make in creating this thread; it is my first.

I want to schedule a job, possibly through an NT script. We have a company policy reminder that needs to be signed every month by clicking on a hyperlink that sends an email to the HR lady to verify that they have read the letter (just an intranet webpage).
The previous admin was going to each comp. and scheduling it to run through the scheduler... not enough time to do that.
I need it ro run on the first Tuesday of every month. What is the syntax to check a date/day through an NT login script.
The flow would be:
Start script
Check flag to see if it has been done already
Write date to variable->check if that variable is a Tuesday with a date less than the 9th->
If yes-> start script that will show the webpage
assign a value to a varible/flag that says that this has been done for that particular comp. (this way it won't run at the next login)
Else go to end...

Any ideas out there? If not through a login script, I could schedule an email to be sent out via the Exchange Server (5.5).
Thank you ahead of time for any/all feedback...

I'm not sure about the script but u can do this thru an email. Assuming that u r using Microsoft Outlook as an email client,Compose an email and then go to the options. Schedule the mail from " Do not deliver before option" and also u can u can track the message for read by clicking on the " Request a read receipt for this message" option on the same page. It will do both jobs.

PSingh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back