Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scheduler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnsf

MIS
Apr 5, 2004
NZ
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good Scheduler that works with reports done in Crystal 8.5 which have their datasource as Crystal SQL Designer qry files, which in turn use an ODBC data source?

I cant seem to get reports that use .qry files as datasources to work with any of the schedulers available on the net.

Cheers,

John

For a list of schedulers/viewers, check out
I've successfully scheduled query-based reports from Crystal Enterprise, so I know its possible. Remember, the scheduling server has to have rights to the directory in which the queries are stored (if the queries are stored external to the server). I'd recommend full UNC path mapping rather than shares. This might resolve your issue, too.

~Kurt

Ive got Crystal Enterprise 8.5. Is it possible to schedule a report to run and export to a text file at a certian time in Crystal Enterprise 8.5?

Thanks,

John

If you have CE 8.5 Professional, then you can schedule reports to run at specific times and in specific formats (text being one of them). In fact, Crystal Enterprise has some really nice scheduling options.

It sounds like you're not too familiar with Crystal Enterpise. You might want to attend a course or pick up the book Special Edition Using Crystal Enterprise 8.5.

If you have the option, it may be a better idea to upgrade to Crystal Reports 9/10 with Crystal Enterprise 9/10. The newer versions of Crystal Reports allow you to create a SQL Command object, which would let you embed your query's sql directly in the report instead of an external object. The downside is that you'd have to design the report from scratch and then paste the SQL in.

~Kurt

Oh well Ive got Crystal Enterprise 8.5 Standard so I cant schedule using it and need to use an external scheduling software. But I cant find any that will work with reports that are based on qry files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back