Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scheduler 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TErnst

IS-IT--Management
Dec 9, 2002
RU
Hello,
I have a problem with the scheduler. I want to automate the creation of the PowerCubes. But everytime, when the process starts, I have to enter the Database Logon. What can I do, so that I needn't enter the Logon?

Thanks

Thorsten Ernst

There is no additional information in your post as to how you scheduled the cube building process.

One way would be to use a bat file with the following command line and options

"D:\Program Files\Cognos\PowerPlay 6.5\trnsfrmr -n -kDatabase=ABC/XYZ Usermodel.mdl"

This would open the file Usermodel.mdl and grant access to the required database using the signon named Database, user ID ABC, and password XYZ. The process then runs in batch mode, creating any cubes defined in the model.

Note the switches -n and -k. -n is an instruction to run the process in batch mode and -k provides the signon information for the process to supply to the database.

An addtional switch of -s would save and close the transformer. Please refer to your transformer help files for additional information and switches.

You could also encrypt the username and password into the cube itself in Transformer. Under Cube Properties.

Thorsten is talking about database logon that is prompted for when building a cube using schedular. He is not talking about cube password.

adambmw is referring to the cube password that can be specified for a cube in it's properties-General tab. There is no provision for a username there.

Sorry.....

For the database logon, we encrypt the databse logon into the creator user profile under the Database tab in user profiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back