Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scheduler in EC Gateway Unix 2.9

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecgateway

IS-IT--Management
Jul 30, 2003
US
Hi All,
How can we make the scheduler to work on Ec Gateway Unix Version 2.9.We could access the scheduler.After creating a lpd file in NT version, How do we run it exactly.

Any help is appeciated,
Thanks
Sowmya

"How can we make the scheduler to work on Ec Gateway Unix Version 2.9.We could access the scheduler.After creating a lpd file in NT version, How do we run it exactly,"

I'm confused about your question; are you asking how to start the UNIX scheduler on ECGateway?
If you already have a UNIX scheduler.lpd file built and uploaded to UNIX, then a simple 1-line UNIX script will start it running. You want to execute schedd(specify full path) which is in the bin directory followed by the word start then parm -f with full path to scheduler.lpd file then parm -p with full path for scheduler.lpd.pid which holds the pid#; all of the parms are separated by blanks
(e.g. path/schedd start -f path/scheduler.lpd -p path/scheduler.lpd.pid).
Use another UNIX script to stop the scheduler you execute schedd again followed by word stop then parm -p with full path of scheduler.lpd.pid
(e.g. path/bin/schedd stop -p path/scheduler.lpd.pid)

You are right ,I have used this script to start the scheduler.But it does not do anything.I am not sure where I went wrong, But I am trying to just run about anything as an example.
I was looking for a small example may be like performing a file zip, So that I can make it work.like what to specify in the command line while defining an event or what to include in the working directory.

If you go to your scheduler directory, is there a scheduler.lpd.pid with a date equal to the last time the scheduler was started? If it isn't, then the problem is in your start script; are you sure you've got all the necessary spaces between the parms and the paths? If it's there, then your scheduler is running and the problem is the way the tasks are set up in the scheduler. Each task, if it's running a process, the command line should execute wsproces in the bin directory with it's parm the path to the process
(e.g. path/bin/wsproces path/processes/process.pfs); the working directory is the path/processes directory. Make sure the task is enabled on the Options tab, and if it's to be run on condition, enable the condition of the Condition tab.

Hi coulter,
The scheduler is running now.Thank you for the advice.Actually the problem was with the version.we had 2.7 and it did not support wild cards in the File Exists option.So it was not running before.Now we have updated to the latest version and it runs.
Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back