Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scheduled tasks 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jd77

Programmer
Jan 2, 2001
US
Hello,

I want to add a scheduled task, but I would like to specify a file name, rather than a URL (Coldfusion 4.5 server admin screen - add scheduler task). I tried entering a path name like c:\mydir\automate.cfm but had no luck (wouldn't execute). I eventually had to publish a directory and specify a URL to Coldfusion. That worked fine (but I don't feel good about the implementation).

Must you enter a URL? That doesn't seem very secure. I'm sure there is a simple answer, I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,

Joe

I have encounter the same problem as you have. I can't find any way out too. So I enter the whole URL, so far no problem.

if you want to make it secure, make a new website in IIS or what ever you are using, and use an internal IP address (ie 192.168.10.1)only to gain access to it, this way only the server can access the url.

Sounds like an interesting solution. I haven't played with the IIS server much - I'll give it a try. Still, seems strange that you have to do this. Maybe I'm using this feature differently than most people, but it seems that you should be able to just point at a file/directory...

Thanks,

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back