Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scheduled Tasks Issue - won't run for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einstein47

Programmer
Nov 29, 2001
US
thread779-1526334

I found some good stuff in this thread, but I still have an issue with running scheduled tasks for my logon. I am in the "administrators" group (which my admin assures me is identical to being an administrator for my PC). However, none of the tasks that I schedule will run.

Most of the tasks that I create, are due to software I have installed for like defragging or google update, that are to run at logon. But even though I have rebooted often, these services fail to start. The "SchedLgU.Txt" file says that several services have completed with an exit code of (0), but the "Last Run Time" column still shows a month ago. (scratches head).

I followed instructions at social.answers.microsoft.com (which isn't up right now - just my luck) to create a Command Prompt task to run once. I can right click and select run - and the status says it is "running" but the window doesn't display. I have tried the same technique on my non-domain laptop, and it works like a charm. I really think this is a domain issue.

[red]Is there anyway I can identify if my domain logon is messed up which is preventing me from running my own scheduled tasks?[/red]

Einstein47 (Starbase47.com)
“PI is like love - simple, natural, irrational, endless, and very important“

Do these Tasks work correctly if started manually?

Task Scheduler does not always run
thread779-1438465

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back