Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

scheduled tasks in XP 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

glock918

Technical User
Aug 5, 2004
US
I need help with a program. I have installed Microsoft’s Antispywear program on several computers. It runs as scheduled on any computer that has, and is logged in as an administrator (XP Pro SP2). I have 2 computers that have 2 accounts, one administrator, and one limited. Even if I schedule this program to run while in admin, if the limited users are logged it, it will not run. I realize this has to do with permissions. I also know how to use the “run as” function, but I have no idea how to allow a program/function/routine to run as an administration even if the only one logged on is a limited user. I can not allow them to be power users for logistics/security reasons (read: they will screw things up, AGAIN). Any suggestions?
Art in KY

Does the Limited User have MS Antispyware running already (in the background)as indicated by an Icon in the Notification Area?

Any errors concerning Scheduled Tasks can be found in the Schedule Tasks log, C/Windows/SchedLgU.Txt

thanks linney - this just gave me some help.

strong mind, strong body and vice versa

This will take a little research. but have you tried determining the service that is running when the scan is running and then change the "log on as:" in Control Panel|Administrative Tools|Services find the service and allow it to log on with the administrative priviledges needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back