Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scheduled Tasks in NT 4.0 / Daylight Savings

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyCorbett

Technical User
Jan 30, 2003
US
Hello

I am having a problem with some of my NT servers running scheduled tasks over daylight savings time. Some of the tasks run while others will not run and I have to go in a reset the password for the account with which it runs. Once I reset the password, I can fire off the job. Any one else run into this or am I missing something simple?

just a question, but are the jobs scheduled to run at midnight or 1am - when daylight saving comes into effect?

We didn't have any problem with the scheduled tasks that showed in the scheduled task folders on our servers. Nor did we have a problem with having to reset passwords to get them to run. However, we did have a problem with the following:

Windows NT 4, SP6a; Exchange 5.5 sp4 - The scheduled Exchange server maintenance changed from its default time of 2:00AM - 7:00AM to 1:00AM to 6:00AM which became a problem for us because our scheduled backup was still running. We had no problem resetting it to the correct time.

Windows NT 4 Terminal Services Edition, SP6 - Our antivirus (Computer Associates, InoculateIT V6.0) autodownloads happened an hour earlier, but only on the terminal servers. The other four NT4 servers were fine. The only way we could change them to download to the correct time was to change the info manually and then reboot the terminal server. If we just changed the time but didn't reboot then the downloads either wouldn't happen at all or would still happen at the wrong time.

In the Spring and last Fall we only had a problem with our antivirus on one Terminal Server and no problems with any scheduled tasks on any of the other servers. I'm wondering if one of Microsofts recent critical security patches messed something up.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back